RE: Water tower removal soak option

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water tower removal soak option
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:17:22 -0700
I've been of the belief that the problem is electrolysis between the steel
studs and the aluminum. I encountered a similar problem once trying to get
the fill plug out of the side of the trans (after I had drained all the oil,
of course). BF Crescent wrench and BF hammer finally convinced it to come
out. For the tranny plugs I use a wrap of teflon plumber's tape.

I think the best solution for the tower might be to coat the studs with
anti-sieze compound. I've been doing that on the U20 thermostat housing for
a while now, since it can be stubborn, too.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org