RE: Water tower removal soak option

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water tower removal soak option
From: "Richard Hugi" <Richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:40:10 -0700
I was fortunate that the top of the tower-with some slight alterations was
able to be used as the inlet.  I applied generous amounts of liquid gasket,
found smaller length bolts attached it to the head, kerfed the lip in three
equal places with a dremmel, bent it up and slid the hose over it with a
hose clamp, drove it that way for a year.  It never leaked, I just un
screwed the hose clamp and removed one end of it to fill when necessary.
Which made me wonder why that tower was there to begin with.