Re: Water tower removal soak option

To: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>, LJordan704@netscape.net
Subject: Re: Water tower removal soak option
From: fairladyracing@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:28:31 +0000
All:

Sorry for the first incomplete post. Developed a sudden case of  "Cat on the
Keyboard" disease.

What we were trying to say is that Pat and others have the right idea of using
bolts. Mild steel or stainless, they are better than studs.
However, if you do switch to bolts, have the head helicoiled for the two holes,
as they will strip out at the worst moment, forcing you to remove the head and
take it to a machine shop when you were only expecting a 15 min. thermo.
replacement.
BTDT!

Thanks
Dan & Susan

PS: We have also found bolts that broke off almost even with the head during
removal from corrosion. It looked like a metal-eating Beaver had chewed thru
the bolt about 80% of the way.