Re: [Roadsters] Brake Master Cylinder alternatives

To: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake Master Cylinder alternatives
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:13:28 -0700
I understand your position, but here's mine:

I've never known anyone who died from a non-collapsing steering column,
(probably because they were phased out around the time I was born) but
it still is a concern, hence why I replaced my steering column with a
later model one.

There's a good reason cars are not manufactured with a single braking
system, and that's because IF something brakes, you're screwed, big time.

AND, it happened to me just the other day.

Brakes worked fine in the driveway.  EVERYTHING had been meticulously
gone through.  Tested in the garage.  Tested fine on the street several
times...

Then, 5 minutes later, the line snapped.  Yup.  And I had NOTHING....
Not a great feeling...

Eddie