fot

Re: Oil - what kind?

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Oil - what kind?
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:29:05 -0400
Rocky, you are certainly correct on the post run-offs picture.  The
other thing that occurs is you put on the stickers hoping to get any
contingency $$ being offered.  We had backing from Mobil 1 in the
Playboy and Escort showroom stock endurance series.  We would send the
bearings back in Mobil 1 after a 24 hour race for measuring.  There was
no appreciable wear.  We saw data on tests run in the south by Louisiana
(?) on mowing equipment.  They cut repair expenses drastically when they
switched to Mobil 1.  We would dyno an engine on racing oil, drain it,
do an oil and filter while on the dyno and resatrt the engine.  Yo could
read a horsepower increase with only the change to Mobil 1.  Redline has
become a major presence in the racing oil.  They push the product at the
Run-off's and other SCCA events.  Mobil 1, on the other hand, has the
big guys such as CART, IRL, F1, etc.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net