Re: Tires

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: tammie wall <whammie@iopener.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:01:14 -0500
one of the problems of the list is erroneous information being imparted to
those that don't know any better.  the only reason to ever put bias-ply tires,
dunlop roadspeeds or any others on a healey, is to drive it on and off the
trailer.  you certainly don't want to drive bias-plys at todays highway speeds,
particularly, in rainy weather.  i had a new set of roadspeeds on a 100M i
owned in the early 80's and this was the snakiest, scariest ride you can
imagine and if it started to rain you better get off the road..  buy the best
radials you can afford in keeping with whatever wheels you are running.  cheap
tires are not a good compromise unless you have a confirmed garage queen.  my
tire of choice for the BN6 since 1992 has been the michelin 175x15.  i'm now on
my second set and hope by the time i need to reshoe again -- availablility will
have returned.
jerry wall