Re: Tires

To: RAHosmer@aol.com, healey.nut@gmail.com, bighealey@charter.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:33:00 EDT
FWIW for several years I have been driving my BJ8 "Blackie" on  Good-Year
Eagle GT+4 in 195/70-15 size on 15" x 5.5" MiniLite reproduction  wheels. To me
these have the correct appearance on the BJ8 and I have only a  very little
tire scrub of full lock to lock turning.
Since these tires are no longer available I decided to see if there  are any
195/70-15 replacements out there. Believe it or not, Good-Year  does currently
have the Cargo Vector and Cargo G 26 in this size. The prices  from Sam's
Warehouse are $140.14 and $135.48 respectively. Of course that  doesn't include
the mounting and balancing either.
Fortunately my tires appear to still be in very good shape with ample tread
wear left on them. I looking forward to a trip of 2,400 miles to Texas Healey
RoundUp, then a trip of 1,400 miles to Carolina Conclave 2005 and a trip of
1,200 miles to the Southeastern Classic at Young Harris, GA. "Blackie" really
loves those long trips.

Marion S. Brantley, Jr.
727/867-7129
Tampa Bay Austin-Healey Club