Re: Gauge Bezels

To: jhn3@uakron.edu
Subject: Re: Gauge Bezels
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:03:05 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
That should work as well.

Funny you should mention the glue, there's a discussion going on over on the "british-car.co.uk" web-site BBS about bonding floor panels in with epoxys. Supposedly, a lot of manufacturers are using this instead of welding nowadays.

My body guy used a two-part epoxy to attach my Sebring fenders to the car and it's as strong as welding. Might be a bit much for gauges but the idea is the same.

Cheers
Simon

In the case that you suggest, I would recommend that you bond the plates
into the holes.  Lord used to make a product called Fusor, 3M makes one too
but I don't know what it is called.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8