RE: Now epoxy bonds, was Gauge Bezels

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Now epoxy bonds, was Gauge Bezels
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:52:30 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> Epoxy bonding (between metal and metal) is applicable where
> brazing or soldering is acceptable, in my humble opinion based upon my

> observations (not having seen any OEM documentation describing their
> decision process).

James J, It's my understanding that testing has found the bonded panels
to be stronger than the traditional methods of assembly.  (I'm assuming
spot welding).

The only product I'm familiar with is FUSOR.  It is a two part epoxy
that is mixed at the time of use by the tool that is used to apply it.
It bonds the steel in thirty minutes and is fully set in 24 hours.

Larry Hoy