Another Epoxy Idea

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Epoxy Idea
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:45:04 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a dilemma, and an idea.  I want to put a 4-bar suspension in the back
of my 77B using the front leaf-spring and anti-roll bar mounting points to
attach the trailing arms.  I suspect that I should put in one of those
reinforcements (sometimes called "top-hats") onto the front leaf-spring
mount, and run it forward to the crossmember.  Here is my dilemma:  Since I
already have the interior restored, I don't want to spotweld to the
underside of the floorpan because of the asphalt soundproofing on the inside
 plus the carpet and seats that I just don't want to remove unless
absolutely necessary.  So I was thinking:  If I weld the tophat at it's ends
 to the x-member and the leaf-spring mounting point could I use epoxy to
bond the flanges to the floorpan for the middle 80% of the reinforcement?  A
hybrid bond?  What do people think?
James J.

p.s.  Where can I buy this 2-part Fusor that some folks have mentioned?  The
Eastwood stuff is one-part.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
IMSTP.gif]