Re: MGB spinon filter adapters

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: MGB spinon filter adapters
From: Elliott and Martha DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:56:55 -0400
You can reduce (not eliminate) the mess with the "on top" adapter if you use a
filter such as the 3517857-3 filter available from all Volvo dealers to fit
Volvos from 1962 and later.  This filter has an internal check valve which
minimizes the run back.  Besides making less of a mess when you change it, the
filtered out crud doesn't run back into the crankcase when you shut off the
engine.  If I wrap a bunch of rags around the base and then sop up the oil
that's
left in the adapter, I make very little mess.  Besides, MGs and clean garage
floors don't go together.
Elliott DeGraff
2 71Bs and a 72B