Re: Fwd: So What happens when you redline?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: So What happens when you redline?
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 09:40:05
OK,  Here is the final episode of Patrick and the Runaway Spit.  I removed
the cable this weekend and you would not believe how frayed it was,  I
can't believe it was actually that bad!  Several strands had broke and it
was coiled up inside as well as where it enters the sheath by the gas
pedal.  Well I replaced it with a $2.50 derailer cable from sears.  (and I
have enough left over to make one or two more)  I even soldered a nugget
onto the one end so it would connect correctly without having to jerry rig
something.  The car is running great!  I have concluded, at least at this
time that with the cable working properly the spring on the pedal is
probably not necessary.  Was this ever actually used from the factory? or
was it there to solve troublesome pedals?   Thanks everyone.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL