RE: Transmission

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Transmission
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:33:30 PDT
I don't know about mike's problem but it would stand to reason that if it
was the clutch or hydraulic systems that the engagement problems would be
the same on all gears.  I only get griding on 2nd if I try to downshift
(which I just don't do anymore) or if I redline 1st.  Otherwise all the
other gears slip in and out of engagement as I would expect them to.  As I
stated offlist, my reverse doesn't actually grind its just physically hard
to get it through that gate.  It always goes in there just usually take me a
few extra seconds.  Personally I'm content on driving this transmission
until it really starts failing in some major way, being that I'm on
student's budget and away from my workshop.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire