Re: Spit Longevity

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Longevity
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:14:10 -0600 (MDT)
Over the weekend I was stranded in my car, but not my Spitfire.  I own a
'96 VW Jetta that I purchased new.  It has been properly maintaned.  When
I return from registering at the hotel, my car was dead on the driveway.
It was just running flawlessly fo 8 hours, starting and stopping just
fine, then suddenly it wouldn't turn over the engine.  The first thing I
wished is that I had brought the Spit, because I have tools and jumper
cables in the Spit.  It turned out to be a bad battery, not uncommon for a
four year old battery.  It took my half of Friday to find jumper cables (I
finally just asked the enitire conference between speakers, from the main
microphone).  What took me twelve hours to get fixed on my VW, wouldn't
have happened in my spit, the amp meter would have given me advanced
warning.

Andy L.
'70 Spit