Re: Electrical Faults - '77 Spitfire 1500

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Faults - '77 Spitfire 1500
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 19:44:12 -0400
At 11:40 PM 4/9/2001 +0100, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

>  <lots of SNIPPAGE>

>An Austin-Healey Sprite driver raised a courteous hand as we passed each
>other in Hitchin, which gesture I duplicated.   What is the etiquette?
>Of course one greets someone driving the same model of old car, but is
>it done to be nice to the drivers of Triumph's competitors? <g>

These days, any "classic" British roadster deserves a wave or flash of
lights. Such is the camaraderie of sportscar owners.

Speaking of that, in the USA we celebrate British Car week this year on May
19 - 27. I hope everyone is planning on driving their cars as much as
possible!  For more info on what it's all about see

http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/britishcarweek.html

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA