Re: Electrical Faults - '77 Spitfire 1500

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Faults - '77 Spitfire 1500
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:06:05 +0100
In article <000e01c0bfb1$b1f03540$36cc0818@adubn1.nj.home.com>, Scott A.
Roberts <herald1200@home.com> writes
>Michael-
>Take a look at the back of my dashboard since I've added a real fuse panel
>in the back of the glovebox- I reran the wiring in its entirety! It is on my
>website-
>http://www.homestead.com/herald1200/
>about halfway down the page.

Wow!   I don't think I'm quite ready for the "design your own wiring
harness" approach. :-)   I tightened the contacts in the matchbox - I'm
sorry, fusebox - this morning, and although it hasn't cured the problem,
it certainly seems to have made a noticeable improvement.   I couldn't
identify the ground cable under the dash, but discovered that I am not
alone - the Haynes Manual doesn't mention any ground cables at all...

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: