Re: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>, "Rob Lewis" <bugeye@austin.rr.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:18:58 -0400
gentlemen, point well made!  at times i take what i have learned from
exposure or experience for granted!   my father raced indian motorcycles,
ran nascar to 1954 and sports car raced from 55 to 68. i motocrossed as a
child when able, autocrossed  and  i started building my first car  when i
was 14 for my age 16 debut of my driver's lisc.   i had to maintain my
motocross bike myself and i had to fix what i broke on my own cars too.    i
have always been surrounded by conversations of "compression ratios" "axle
ratios" "deegrees of timing" etc...   then i went and got a degree in
automotive technology to legitimise my experience to prospective
employers(ended up self employed any way!).
and, my grandfather was an A&P lisc. mechanic(no not the grocery chain..LOL,
airframe and powerplant  aircraft mechanic) .  evryone around me was well
versed in nuts and bolts.   ahhh, my poor son is doomed!  LOL!   at times i
do not see or think about how lucky i am to have had the things shared with
me in my youth.    also years of compulsive tool buying has gotten me a
bunch of cool or wierd tools.   that too is taked for granted some days.
thank you for reminding me how truly lucky i am!   possibly that is why i
try to share what i can when i can with fellow enthusiasts.    youse guys is
da best kinda guys!  "car guys!"
now, get back out in the shop and fix something!  LOL!

chuck.