Re: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager

To: "Kent McLean" <kentmclean@mindspring.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:30:40 -0400
well i tend to agree with this route of thought.  the gentleman needs to get
something running for the child's transportation.  the chevy van seems to be
a repairable known quantity.  my 79 chevy van has 366,000 miles on it and
i'd leave pennsylvania  for california today(if i had good reason and was
not so darn sick!).  dropping in a replacement used motor would render the
van usefull or saleable again.   contractors love vans for their capacity to
haul a lot of stuff out of the weather and being able to be locked  up at
night.   if nothing else possibly consider having the van fixed up enough to
sell for the child to take the sale money towards a more economical mode of
transportation.
my 7 year old son believes i will "give" him the "little white car" as he
calls my bugeye!  ROFLMAO!  no way!  untill he learns to take care of his
own car and maintains a car on his own his first car will either be a huge
indestructable boatus tankus of a car or a total nerdallac econo bucket!
my ex H production race car outfitted for the street will never be "his
first car"!   i love him far too much to put him into such a volitile car
for an early driving experience!  it goes like stink, handles like a cat on
rails and would be far too easy to get into an out of controll situation for
an inexperienced beginning driver.   let alone what peer group pressure
could encourage him into doing with such a car.   fix the kids tank of a
vehicle "the van" and do him a favor!  and in the same breath preserve your
little brit. car for your own personal pleasure while protecting the child
you love?
just a thought on this line of reasoning?

chuck
same darn bugeye for 29 years and counting.....    :)