RE: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager

To: "Rob Lewis" <bugeye@austin.rr.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT Desperately seeking car for teenager
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:44:48 -0700
Rob,

I am so glad Rob Lewis spoke out...

When I was a young driver and "car stuff" ignorant, every time my old and
unreliable first car (1956 Renault "4 CV") broke down, my father assumed it
was my fault. Thirty five years and a bit later, I still remember.

I wished my dad had been so considerate as to seek someone else's advice and
help to get me a better ride! I got a better car the day I was able to buy
my own. I did eventually learn to take care of my cars - again, on my own.

Some of us Spridgeteers  have come down mighty hard on the father, as well
as assuming the kid is at fault.

The one good piece of advice given is the fact Jorge might be better off
changing the engine and not the vehicle.

Jacques Le Clainche in San Diego
PS: anyone has a working Lucas distributor RB 340 somewhere? it's for my
Lotus Super Seven.

---