Re: Stripping

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stripping
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:46:25 EST
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:

<< I believe this is THE place where Dale had mine done too. I think it's the
 ONLY place left in California, although before I heard about this one I was
 told by several people there were none left, so perhaps there's still one
 or two more. In any case, the problems I experienced apply to whatever
 chemical process (I believe it involves acid) this place in Santa Fe
 Springs uses.

 Bob

 At 11:51 AM 1/6/99 -0800, Christopher Albers wrote:
 >There is in fact a place in Santa Fe Springs (LA area) that tank strips
 >cars.  It is called PSC, Inc. and is a division of Chisolm Suspension.
 >I do not know what process they use (acid or alkalai).  I think they'll
 >do a Sunbeam for around $600.  Give CAT a call, some of their members
 >have used PSC. >>
I know there is also a place up here in NorthernCal (Santa Rosa to be
specific) which still does tank stripping. I am just not sure if a unibody
car, with a lot of seams which have been filled and places to hold chemical,
is the best candidate for the process. Unless, of course, they are capable of
doing something like Bill's preferred method of alkali dipping.
Mike