Re: To Frame off or Not to Frame off

To: smith007@intnet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Frame off or Not to Frame off
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 14:04:18 -0400
Phil-

Still lookin for that TR6 ?

I don't know about all the quotes attributed to me, but I do recall saying
that indeed some cars are nice and "tight" feeling while others are sort of
"loose" (like one fender sorta bounces over a bump, but the rest of the car
just doesn't seem to be aware of any bump at all). I am lucky (old ?) enough
to have driven/owned several new lbc's, and some were "loose" from the git go
and others never seemed to loosen up at all. (Perhaps something to do with
whether the car was built before or after tea time ?)
Admittedly, the tighter cars always felt nicer, I never found anything
intrinsically wrong with one of the loose cars. (I did try to tighten one up
by welding gussets all over the place on the frame, as I was convinced that a
flexible frame must be the cause, but it didn't tighten it up as much as I
thought that it would) So, what I'm trying to say here is that, clapped out
or newly restored, some cars are just gonna feel tighter than others with
similar faults. As long as the car has no major/unfixable faults...Buy the
car you like the best.

                                                   Just my OPINION
                                                           Nick in Nor Cal