Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff
From: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:19:56

> Hey group, let's do an informal survey on oil pressures. I've go two Spits,
> both running 20w-50 Valvoline Durablend. On hot summer days, after a highway
> drive, or a couple of autocross runs, my pressures drop to about 15 psi at
> idle. Is that 50 psi typical for bigger block TRs? How about you other Spit
> drivers - you guys have installed a real oil pressure gauge, haven't you?
>
> Just curious,
> Charlie B.
> Capital Triumph Register

I'll go with that, my spit. 1500 gives 75 psi at 2000 rpm cold,  50
psi at 2000 rpm hot and about 15 psi at idle after a long hot run. I
run it with Castrol GTX 15w-50.  Whether this is good or not I don't
know but I think the workshop manual specifies 60 psi @ 2000rpm hot.

*************************************
Dr J.E.Miles
School of Biological Sciences