Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff

To: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>, "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:15:16 -0400 "Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff" (Jun 21, 9:48am)
> Subject: Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff
> Not exactlty the same thread, but...
>
> What do you folks recommend as the best form of oil pressure gauge to fit to
> spit?
>
> ie. fillament or electric, smiths or ***, etc.
>
> and where to get them, and what they cost.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris.
>
> --
> -- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.
> --
>-- End of excerpt from Chris Boston

Chris,

In the interest of keeping my Spit looking somewhat original, I used
a Smith's dual gauge from a MG, though I don't remember the model on
which it was used. This gauge is mechanical for both the temp and oil
pressure. I needed to buy the adaptor for the Midget 1500 for the temp
sending unit and then adapt the oil pressure sender.

I have used this for more than 15 years and it works quite satisfactorily.

Doug Mitchell