RE: Oil Pressure and Stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure and Stuff
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:37:15 +0200
Chris wrote:

>What do you folks recommend as the best form of oil pressure gauge to fit to a
>spit?
>
>ie. fillament or electric, smiths or ***, etc.
>
>and where to get them, and what they cost.

I have both a manual and an electric gauge (both Smith), and in the process
of installing one of them - I prefer the electic, since you do not have to
route an oil-line under the dash (some thread on the list a while ago about
how these can leak INSIDE the car).

I got them at a junk-yard for British cars, and paid something like $25 for
both of them.

Just my two cents,

Michael
GT6 Mk. 2 1970 (for sale)
GT6 Mk. 3 1972 (TR6 engine)

Michael Noerregaard         \\\\|////               Ph: (512) 385 9714
2430 Cromwell C, apt. 1306   \\\|///
Austin, TX 78741             ( O O )       ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu