Re: VTR Nationals

To: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Subject: Re: VTR Nationals
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:43:20 -0500
Susan Hensley wrote:

> I have to add my own two cents on this thread...
>
>  This is all about
> TRIUMPHS, and the drivers are being used and maintained (read not left
> to rot in a field), the racers are being used for a specific purpose
> and
> maintained (read not left to rot in a field), and the trailer queens
> are
> restored and maintained (read not left to rot in a field).  Purists
> can
> argue the issue all they like -- I am in it for the cars, no matter
> what
> form (except rotting in a field -- I try to get those out and running
> or
> at least salvage useful parts).  I hope you realize that's what it's
> all
> about.
>
> Keep Triumphing,
 Susan Hensley   %)
> "Purist?  I don't have the money to be a purist!"
Thank you Susan, for saying what need to be said.  I will add that this
bashing of each others group is a form of insecurity and petty jelousy.
If I was a purist for each of the mentioned groups, I would have spent
the 5 grand I just dropped in my old Pick up truck into My 1964
Spitfire.  But I have already dropped a couple of grand into it this
year. Lord help me when my wife finds out. OK, I have on my asbestos
drawers, go ahead and flame me.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
and a whole herd of other cars and trucks and motorcycles.