RE: Drivers vs. Showers

To: c394829@is6.mdc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Drivers vs. Showers
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:48:37 -0500
Cc: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Kurt Oblinger wrote:
>An idea for the National would be to institute a special award, a big >one
people would really want to have. To qualify for the award >contestants
would have to participate in two driving events and the >concours.

    I believe there is already a trophy almost as you describe presented at
the VTR. But you must enter all of the driving events not just 2. Maybe
someone that was there remembers will tell what the rules are and who one it
this year and what it is called. I was brain dead at the awards by time they
got that far along in the evening.
    One other thing to remember is that not all concours cars sit and get
dusted. I drive my GT6 constantly. It just takes a little more cleaning time
to show but these cars are made to drive. Another high placing carthis year
was an imaculate 69 TR6 that drove from New Jersey. Not all concours cars
are pampered, polished, unreliable showpieces;-)
    BTW where can I get some of those tire booties?
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L 97 VTR 1st in Concours