Re:Drivers vs. Showers

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:Drivers vs. Showers
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:29:17 -0400
Andy Mace wrote:
(snip)
meanwhile VTR does hold to the "moving event requirement" for entry into
Concours competition at the National meets. Even driving long distances to
the National meet is not enough to meet the "driving" requirement; an
entrant must participate in a funkhana, autocross and/or rallye or tour.
(end snip)

However I know of one car at Ft. Worth that singed up for the TSD rallye,
didn't even look at the instructions, pulled out of the parking lot then
returned to the parking lot and took a DNF. This qualified him to show his car.
This is not right, it is not in keeping with the spirit of the convention. I am
ashamed in retrospect for not making a fuss about it at the time. Next time I
will!!

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV