Free advice

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Free advice
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 19:37:08 -0700
TR folks,

I really didn't want to post this, but I think it may be necessary
information for some of the listers "out there on the fringe"--the people
who only write when they have some sort of major problem. You guys know
who you are.

Over the past months, for better or worse, I've sent suggestions for
various problems directly to the person with the problem--not wanting to
clog the main list with information that's been posted time and time
again.

Now, when you attempt to answer single or multiple questions, either
related or not, it takes time to sit at the keyboard (occasionally, even
running out to the garage to double check something) and try to help the
individual with the problem. Sometimes I know the cause of the problem,
sometimes I can only guess because there's missing information or the
problem is really wacky (what, in a British car??). My point, and my
problem is, the person on the other end can't seem to find the time to
let you know if your response was helpful, or not, much less send a
"thanks" for even responding.

>From time to time I've had questions answered. I've alway made a point of
sending a "thank you" to the person who offered help, or at least took
the time to offer advice. It's called common courtesy.

So, the next time you send out a question, and people are good enough to
offer help, good or bad, in your opinion, be good enough to at least
acknowledge their advice, and try to be a little thankful.

No need for me to put on my Nomex, I just moved way out to the fringe.

Charlie B.