Re: TR4 rear suspension knock

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 rear suspension knock
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:06:44 -0500

    R> I've got a special socket just for that job; I took a
    R> Snap-On deep socket and turned it down in a lathe until
    R> it fit between the shock and the bolt head.  I know of
    R> other folks who've replaced those bolts with socket
    R> head bolts, instead.

That's the route I took.  Of course, I worked for GE Aircraft
Engines at the time, so I had a supply of good, strong, socket
head bolts and washers on hand.  Unless you keep the tool in
the glovebox, be prepared to perplex your local grease
monkey if you ever have him work on the car.  I'd suggest
John's method, as any self-respecting mechanic who works on
TR-4's has already made one of these tools.
                                                        -MM