Re: TR4 rear suspension knock

To: dmericas@limno.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 rear suspension knock
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:47:24 -0400 (EDT)

> Thanks for the suggestion.  It turns out that the shock was loose, and I
>  was able to simply tighten the bolts to eliminate the problem.

Dean, you're welcome.  Glad it was as simple as a loose shock - I was also
glad that's all my problem was in '92. :-)

>  BTW, there is no room for a wrench to grip the heads of the shock mounting
>  bolts, and I ended up jamming the heads with a long screwdriver to tighten
>  the nuts.  Is there some trick or special tool for this job?

Actually I had the car in to a shop for a "checkout" of the running gear.
 This was after I first got it back in '92. I had driven it from New Mexico
to Florida and wanted a good mechanic to look it over after the trip.  I told
him about the noise and that I thought it was a loose shock.  He verified
that and they tightend it.  But he did tell me that it was a tough job for
the same reason you found it to be.  I don''t remember how they gripped the
bolt heads.

Art Kelly