Re: TR4 rear suspension knock

To: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 rear suspension knock
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 13:30:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Greetings,

Have you checked the oil level in your shocks Dean?
I have some wierd noises comming from my rear suspension too, but I
expect that from my TR-4 because I can see the bushings are worn out.
However, I can also tell that my drivers side shock isn't working
properly. My question is what type of oil goes in these lever shocks?
The manual says it's shock oil, but does it require a special kind or
can I use motorcycle fork oil in whatever viscosity gives the desired
ride.

BTW, a BIG general thanks to everyone on the list!! Not only the
experienced ones who seem to have infinite wisdom and knowledge of all
things Triumph. But, also to the newbies who through thier deceptively
simple questions remind us all to pay attention to the basics as well as
the more esoteric concerns of model year variations and racing
modifications.
TIA.

Cheers,

John Matthews