Re: Mexican Standoff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mexican Standoff
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:49:37 +0100
> At 12:09 PM 7/28/97 -0500, Chris Lillja wrote:
> >How do folks out there handle selling parts over the net? I've
> >recently listed my Spitfire parts on the VTR website and the response
> >has been pretty good.
---------------
I've found that both the Triumph and the MG groups have been extremely
helpful and trustworthy.

You have to sort out the BS from the Fact but during any dealings that
is true.

Over the last year I found a new Detroit Locker for my TR6 from Roy Bean
and paid $500 up front and recieved it as promised by Fed Ex. I paid the
frieght. You can sometimes feel out people even over the phone to find
out if they are sincere and flexible.

On my MG I was able to find a no longer available filler neck and cap
from a guy Barney in indiana that was as what I needed for a bargain
price and in new condition.

Picked up TR6 Amco overiders cheap by net and paid first.

I have been lucky so far and hope my luck holds out. You really have to
be willing to take the risk dealing on the net. Never do a deal without
talking it over with the other party over the phone.

Glenn Franco

71 & 74 TR6's (the "B" is now sold)