Re: Mexican Standoff

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: Mexican Standoff
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:03:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
My 2 cents:

Yes, the person buying it should pay shipping.  (If he came to pick it
up, would you pay for his gasoline?  And in shipping an item, you still
have to hassle with packing and shipping the item, the least he can do
is pay for the shipping!)  Just make this clear when you're quoting
prices.

Certainly it's reasonable NOT to be willing to split up pairs.  If he
wants the ONE bad enough, HE can buy the TWO, and sit on that EXTRA
part, that may be more difficult to unload, now that it's solo!

 "I'm not really trying to make any money off this, I just want to clear
some space for TR4A parts...."   I've brought this topic up several
times.  I applaud you for that attitude.  Buying, selling, trading TR
parts should be a combination of fair prices, comraderie, and good
Karma.

The hard part:  How not to get burned.  Ugh!!!  Difficult.  C.O.D. can
work pretty decently.  Asking for half up front and the rest upon
receipt is okay.  It's always better to be the guy with the part to
sell, than the receiving end!

If you're buying a part... and it sounds like the seller is going to
have to do some work, in order to get the part to you, better NOT to
send any money in advance.  (Some people need a little MOTIVATION to get
that part out to you... and if they've already got your cash... it's not
surprising that they start to procrastinate...)  Sorry to "think the
worse" of people... but this has happened... so I think people should be
careful.

Hope that was helpful.

Justin
Los Angeles