Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification
From: Anne van Leeuwen <anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 02:41:26 -0500
Recently I installed an external rocker assembly oil feed line on my 1972
TR6 engine, after which oil consumption increased considerably. Before the
modification the engine used hardly any oil, now the level is dropping
steadily. Also after starting a still warm engine some blue smoke comes out
of the exhaust.  I guess the oil is disappearing via the valve stems. I
checked for leaks: no problems at the connections.

Does anybody have similar experiences? I've never seen the internals of the
engine: can somebody explain why this could happen?

Anne van Leeuwen
anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com