Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification

To: anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Increasing TR6 oil usage after rocker oil feed modification
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 09:06:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-03 03:49:29 EDT, anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com
writes:

<< Recently I installed an external rocker assembly oil feed line on my 1972
 TR6 engine, after which oil consumption increased considerably. Before the
 modification the engine used hardly any oil, now the level is dropping
 steadily. Also after starting a still warm engine some blue smoke comes out
 of the exhaust.  I guess the oil is disappearing via the valve stems. I
 checked for leaks: no problems at the connections.

 Does anybody have similar experiences? I've never seen the internals of the
 engine: can somebody explain why this could happen?

 Anne van Leeuwen >>

We've had a similar experience with two different TR3 engines.  Particularly
the smoking.  I have two of the top end oilers now hanging up in my garage
and the smoking went away.  I guess the oil has to be going down the valve
guides.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM