Re: GT6 Perplexia

To: Martin_A._Secrest@neb.voa.gov
Subject: Re: GT6 Perplexia
From: Gt6nut@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< 1)  The PO of my GT6-3 unshimmed the front end to eliminate the positive
camber
 of the wheels, which are now vertical.  He said he did it to make life less
hard for
 the tires, which I understand, but I am left to wonder if this is the reason
the car
 seems to float a bit at highway speeds over 70 mph.  The steering gets
disturbingly
 light.  Could this be because of the lack of positive camber, and if not,
what is the
 purpose of the camber on the front end, anyway? >>

If the shims were removed that would add positive camber.
The float at 70+ is a common problem with the GT-6. The only fix i know about
 is to
replace the front springs with an uprated set and add shims to introduce
around 1 degree or so of negative camber.
In the factory setup these cars were sprung pretty soft to keep the ride
somwhat smooth.
A good air dam will also help.

GOOD LUCK!
Dan Arrington(Near Portland,OR.)