Re: Dashboard

To: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: David Stephenson <daves96@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 15:21:49 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The Romagni's wrote:

> Hi all - I'm considering replacing the dashboard in my 1974 TR6.
> Refurbishing is out as it's all chopped up. I was looking at TRF as they
> have a sale going on. I also called Prestige Autowood in California. I
> found them in Hemmings. Does anyone on the list have experience with
> either dash and if so, what were those experiences. I'm trying to get as
> close to original as possible.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marty Romagni
> 1974 TR6
I recently ordered and received a replacement dash for my 1974 TR-6 from
TRF. It looks and feels very nice. I paid something in the neighborhood
of $175.00 for it on sale. I also ordered and received replacement crash
pads and a front window to frame seal. I've heard its a nightmare to
install, etc. One estimate I have to install dash and crash pads is
$400.00 as it will take most of a day.  Is that in the range of
reasonable? Comments are greatly appreciated. Dave Stephenson