Re: Bad Day

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Day
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:46:00 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>, toad@nlights.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Paul Burr wrote:

> Rod: I think people buy SUV's to compleatly obliterate any sensation of
> the outside world!....

Wait a minute! Some of us buy SUV's for several legitimate reasons:
1. having children and/or otherwise too many passengers for a pickup that
can...
2. get through a Northeast winter in relative safety and...
3. do yeoman duty pulling a car trailer with, say, the Hardly Boys
RaceSpit 4, or the Herald Coupe' I picked up last summer, etc.

It's not my favorite choice for driving, but it's a virtual necessity for
some of us. And some of us can actually drive even an SUV safely without
posing a serious threat to others sharing the road.

No offense taken, BTW; just trying to "clear the air" as it were! ;-)

--Andy