Re: Removing Rear Hubs

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: Removing Rear Hubs
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@mci2000.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:37:49 -0400
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
When I have used it I have had the axle off the car and in a large vise. The
wire wheel hub bolts right to the wheel studs flush with the wheel hub so it
has good support. I have used it on two sets of Spitfire hubs, one set of
which had sat for a very long time and were in very bad shape. I did have to
coax it along a little by hitting the hub tool around the out side after
torquing the puller screw as far as I dare. It eventually popped off. Be
sure not to stand in the way when doing this they can some times let go all
of a sudden and fly across the room.

Ralph