RE: Engine conversions

To: "'Eric A. Yates'" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>
Subject: RE: Engine conversions
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:50:40 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Eric,
I'm sure you'll get the full range of replies to this one.  I would guess it
comes down to the personal relationship we each have with our cars.  We love
them for a variety of reasons and know only too well their short comings and
weaknesses.  Some of us love the weakness too and consider it part of the cars
"character".  Others of us continually dream of how we can improve and create
"the ideal" Triumph.
I know I love the looks and the handling of my TR, as well as the sound and
smoothness of that straight six.  I have always wished it had a little more
"umph", and plan on doing some tweaks at engine rebuild time.  I enjoy that
engine in the car and plan to keep it that way, however, I am very interested
in the toyota supra 5-speed trans conversion.  So I am definitely not into
keeping it traditional, dead stock.  If I found another TR6 with a  dead engine
I would be interested in a V8 swap (probably the Rover aluminum engine).
Since I don't have another TR6, but instead an MGB GT with a dead engine, I DO
plan to do the Rover V8 swap.  The reason:  I personally don't like the MG
4-cylinder engine/trans, but I really like the looks and handling of the B-GT.
For what its worth . . . .

Gordon Buck
Sultan, Washington
71 TR6  CC62806