Re: TR3/4 engine swap

To: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
Subject: Re: TR3/4 engine swap
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:28:06 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Be careful swapping the TR3 valve cover onto a TR4 engine.  The reason
 the TR4 engine moved the oil fill pipe to the rear was to clear the
 lower hood (bonnet).  Ask me how I know this?  The TR4 valve cover
 before the PCV valve was added should be used.  It is the one with the
 cap that breaths.  (This is assuming one wants the side downpipe.)

As I understood the post this engine is going into neither a TR3 nor a TR4 but
some kinda exotic. Your point is well taken though.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4