How many are we?

Subject: How many are we?
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:19:13 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Further to my recent post on Triumph club membership / Triumph owners but not
club
members, the response has been very interesting and more than just occasional.
I've had
many replies from across the world and some surprises too. VERY MANY thanks to
all of you
who responded with the titbits of info together with the meaningful national
statistics.
It's all gone into the big pot and a *sort of* number will emerge 'ere long.
This is
something we will never know for sure but hopefully it will gauge the very
approximate
number of enthusiasts who do exist. What I'm sure we would all like to know -
and this
will forever be an unknown entity - is how many cars are still in existence
broken into:

Fully restored or fully operational daily drivers
Parts donor cars
Cars for eventual restoration when I get around to it
Cars (remnants of) that are due for the scrapyard

I suspect that total figure is substantial. Thanks again to all of you for your
input

Jonmac