Re: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:27:43 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Gee, what if those who wanted a USENET newsgroup went and started one, and
> those who like the present e-mail list stay with it, and those who want
> both check into both?

I have seen setups where mail to a list gets posted to a newsgroup as well

However with a list this size that may not be a good idea (the list was
m68k-linux, which was fairly quiet, maybe 10-15 messages/day)

However that still leads to the problems where people don't want to
subscribe to both services, for whatever reasons... personally I don't
mind what happens, but as I am one of the lucky few who is stuck with
ancient software, and the College shut off the usenet feeds for us (have
to use deja.com, which I hate)... I'd rather it stayed with majordomo.

Perl rocks, anyway...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm