Re: Offering First To The List

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Offering First To The List
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:44:02 -0700
David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by Steven Newell
> "*regrettably, I expect that the pending engine rebuild will eliminate the
> "Anti Tailgating Smoke Cloud" feature that currently protects my TR4 from
> SUVs."
>
> Steve,  With a fuel pump, some plumbing, an oil reservoir and a dash
> mounted switch we can figure out something.

Back an a previous career, I built a web site for an international security
company that built armored cars -- including the limo for every president since
Roosevelt. The security packages included an "oil slick"* feature a la James
Bond. Though oil slicks really aren't effective outside of the movies and my
driveway, the folks there said that gadget-crazy customers insisted on
installing them anyway.

And I got my smoke cloud for free with the TR4!

* "Oil spray leaves a slick trail and impairs vision through the attacker's
windshield in the event of a chase."
http://www.ogara-hess.com/comm/full/equip.htm
This page was also cool: http://www.ogara-hess.com/levels.htm

--