Re: cars value

To: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>, BethKen@erols.com
Subject: Re: cars value
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:29:34 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I know...I find it hard to believe too. My first response was that it would
>be very hard to spend $100,000 to restore a TR3 if you tried to. It's

Nothing is impossible in car restoration,

>  You then get an immaculate car with mostly
>P.S. My definition of Trophy Sharks: Classic Car owners hauling
>their cars from show to show with the sole interest to collect
>trophies and knock down cars of real enthusiasts.

I guess I am missing something here, as a "newbie" on the list,
mostly lurking, I am begining to get the sense that there are indeed
"sharks" as just described. When I purchased my 57 TR-3 it was an act
of love and nostalgia, it was almost a twin to the 57 TR-3 my Bride
and I owned when first married.
Our joy and pleasure is just to drive it around the hills, wind in
our face and hair and waving to those "what the hell was that" looks.
Is it really possible that one can spend all that time and money on
their beloved LBC and then not drive it!!!
I guess we will never win or even place in a Show, but we will go,
just to show up and see the other cars and mingle with the LBC
crowds, who must be among the nicest folks on Earth.

--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily