Re: 1st car

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:08:47 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
My first car(?) was a 1928 Morgan 3 wheeler two speeder bought when I was 17
and a fortnight. It had a side valve JAP engine around 900cc I think. It was
a bastard to drive and the rear wheel would get stuck in tramlines,
particularly in wet weather. There was no weather protection and I moved
onto a 1936 Triumph Dolomite. I think it only lasted for a few months before
the crankshaft broke. I could'nt possibly fix that as an engineering
apprentice living in lodgings and I gave it away. At the time I was more
into motor bikes and I had a 1939 Velocette 500cc and shared with a few
friends a 1926 500cc side valve Triumph motor bike. A year or so later I
bought two 1928 Sunbeam cars for 60 pounds the pair, one tourer and one
saloon as a spares car. They lasted quite a few years till Iafter I joined
the Navy.

Fred thanks for starting this, it's a fascinating thread.

David Brister.
1976 TR4A