Re: Car club rant

To: iron_horse819@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car club rant
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:36:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/2005 2:20:19 AM Central Standard Time,
iron_horse819@yahoo.com writes:
> I have been asked many times why I won't join the local club, or support
> their
> events and here is my answer:  Why would I possibly want to join a bunch of
> snobby, elitist, narrow-minded

It is an unfortunate fact that it takes only one or two such people to ruin
the atmosphere of any such organization.  Here locally, there is a club (not
the TR club) that is plagued by a couple such people.  Other members of this
club have formed a splinter group in open defiance of the pontificates and this
splinter group are as down to earth and enjoyable as you could ask for.  Keep
the faith, I'm sure there are others who feel the way you do.

Consider attending TRA.  It's not very far from you and you can meet some
nicer people.  And we don't drink all that much.

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (haphazard resto)
71 TR6 (The Great, White kludge wonder)
80 TR8 (Fun to drive)