Re: Car club rant

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car club rant
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:33:49 +0100
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, at around 09:39:41 local time, Raymond Hatfield
<iron_horse819@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Do you ever have something happen that just REALLY gets under your skin, and
>you have to say something to someone to get over it?  If you have, you'll
>understand the following:
>
>This past weeked was the annual 'Swap Meet/Car Show' for the local British car
>club.  My wife and I have been attending it for the past 5/6 years and know
>most of the people in the club - even though we're not members ourselves.  Why
>aren't we, you ask?  You'll see ...

Dear Raymond,

I am an originality freak when it comes to cars.   All of my cars are in
as original condition as possible (which has cost me a fair amount of
time, sweat, and money), and I am pleased that this is the case.   I
would never be in the market to buy your Stag.   I have an acquaintance
who drives a Herald 13/60 with a Herald 1200 bonnet and a Spitfire 1500
engine and drive train.   I wouldn't want his car either.   But that is
hardly the point - both of these cars are what their owners want, and
who the hell am I to call them piles of sh*t?   The people you describe
are narrow-minded bigots who don't deserve your company (or your
business).   Find a nicer crowd to hang out with - or start a new club
yourself, with its motto being, "De Gustibus Non Disputandem".

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671