Re: Car club rant

To: "Raymond Hatfield" <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Car club rant
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:12:41 -0400
Ray, very sorry to hear the ordeal you and your wife went through at the
local car meet, as has been stated so many times on this list (50% owners &
50% purist) "it's your car to do as you please" and like you I respect this
list's opinion more than any, as they are usually right, and the
"businessman" that is breaking cars for parts is doing his very best to
destroy this hobby for nothing more than a few $$$$$$$$, breaking cars just
for resale will eventually kill the few that are left to be enjoyed. I have
had similar experiences with clubs in my area such as you and now belong to
just VTR where I have found the finest car people and always feel like part
of a family at every VTR get together,  I no longer belong to the local
clubs for a long list of reasons but mostly because of "cliques & snobbish"
attitudes, I guess it's not just me, thank goodness for VTR
nationals/regionals. "FT"