RE: Car club rant

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car club rant
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:53:43 -0700
> As walked along
> the line of cars, my wife overheard someone saying "You don't want that piece
> of s**t, it's been converted - it's nothing but trash now".

Might be you're better off without this club or mechanic, Raymond ... but you'll
find there's a few unpleasant people in every crowd.  I had a similar
experience, although not quite as bad, at one of the first local club meetings I
ever went to ... some fellow said some things I found insulting because I hadn't
bothered to correct some of the things that were "wrong" with my TR3A ... Hell,
I was proud that it ran to the meeting !  Just didn't care that the trunk handle
was upside down and the gas cap was sideways.  When I pointedly asked where his
car was, he just stared at me and wandered away.

I didn't go back for probably 5 years ... now I'm sorry I didn't.  Turns out
that club almost died because of it's group attitude ... which is the reason why
there are two clubs in my area ... but the unpleasant people left the first club
and now it's full of friends.

Randall